Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Quilting Goals




AACK! It is scary to put this list up here, but, here I go! Here is what I am going to try to accomplish in 2010:

1. Christmas quilts for my king-size bed and for our full-size guest bed (2 quilts)
2. Finish the string quilt for our king-size bed. (1 quilt)
3. Sew curves! Currently working on a quilt that incorporates them. (1 quilt)
4. Make one of these cute circle quilts using my scraps. (1 quilt)
5. Enter quilting shows. The only way I'm going to get better is to pursue some critique! I have 2 entries ready to mail tomorrow for the AQS show in Paducah. I know, I am reaching for the stars, but you never know... I also have forms for 2 other shows, but they do not have to be mailed until April.
6. Teach what I know. I am lined up to teach 2 free-motion classes (if enough people sign up!). It is scary, but I know I will have fun, meet new friends and continue to improve.
7. Compile and publish a quilt pattern. I love to do my own thing, but why not share?
8. If what I am making/sewing/quilting is not fun, I am not going to do it. This is supposed to be a fun hobby, not work!
9. Find a quilting group/guild. I really need it!
10. Dye more fabric. I love thate process and the colors I end up with inspire me to do more intuitive piecing, which makes me more creative.


Whew, there is my list. As for 2009, I completed 22 quilts, 9 bags and 10 table runners. I can get a lot of sewing done since my only child is now 20 and in college. And since February of 2009 my husband is living with my parents during the week and I stay here in our house (til it sells). I really want it to sell. Being alone during the week is not easy, but at least we both still have jobs, we are healthy and quite blessed. So, sewing and quilting keeps me busy instead of lonely. Okay, lets make 2010 a great year!

No comments: