Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another special quilt by Aunt Minnie (Teddy Bears)

This is a very special "Aunt Minnie" quilt as she made this for me when I was expecting my son. This is a little crib quilt, approximately 38" square. Aunt Minnie bound the edges by squaring up the backing and folding it over the front. I love the vintage ginghams and the embroidered faces! What is especially neat is that we didn't know I was carrying a boy!


Yes, those are stains, but I did use this quilt!

In other news, I am making serious progress on the redesign of my sewing studio. My son helped me move the bookcase around to another wall, we moved a larger table in and I have been cleaning out. Next up: stash management! I have been keeping my fabrics in a variety of plastic boxes, but the lids are hard for me to remove. So I am toying with the idea of just folding the fabrics and laying on the shelves (this is how my Mom has most of her fabrics.) Well, I will try it and see how I like it. I can always change it if I don't! Any advice from anyone on stash organization? All ideas are welcome!

No comments: