Tuesday, January 19, 2010

bits and pieces

Seems like I have a lot going on right now, almost too much to quilt! And the busy-ness is exhausting, which saps not only energy but creativity as well. I have gone into my studio and noodled around. I created this first strike off of a pot-holder that I am pitching to a friend who runs her family "general store":



I transferred the logo by scanning the image and printing it on PFD (on Freezer paper) with my printer. I then heat set it with my iron, just like I do with my labels as I shared here. I have been using my little old Singer, which does a fabulous job piecing, but lacks at quilting! I should get my Viking back tomorrow, then I can throw myself back into free-motion quilting my "Penumbra", that's what I am calling my 1/4 circles pieced quilt. I started it and used it as my demo-project in the class Saturday and now I am itching to finish.

I like to finish, especially when I am this far along, a quilt before I plunge into a new project. Next up is an applique I am working on for a local humane society fund-raiser. I have been gathering my fabrics and as soon as Penumbra is complete, then "Best Buddies" can begin!

And for a little peak, here is what was on my Mom's design wall Saturday:

 
 
 
Its a cute jelly roll block! She is making it for one of my cousins. I had to take a picture to add it to my "want to do" list!
 

No comments: