Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day, and credit where credit is due

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Monday, July 4. We are celebrating Independence Day in the traditional way: with Hot Dogs at Mom and Dad's.  The hubs and I went and bought my favorite fruit this morning, BLACKBERRIES and I have made a blackberry cobbler for desert. We also went Blueberry picking so I put blueberries in the cobbler as well. Can't wait to dig into that.

Bold Glory made in 2009 donated to Quilts of Valor 
©Kelly Wood 2009

I have also remembered the way we celebrated Independence Day in 1993. We were in Gold Hill, CO, visiting my brother who lived in Boulder at the time. We drove up to Gold Hill, which has a quaint, unpaved Main Street. We were delighted to enjoy their 4th of July parade, TWICE! The parade went down main street, then all the spectators ran between the buildings to watch the parade go up the back street! We all had flags and it was an awesome experience. 

I also want to credit the phenomenal quilter who made this beauty. Her name is Marianne and she blogs here. I found the photo on Pinterest, but did not chase down the link. Fortunately, Marianne found me! She does such wonderful work! Please visit her blog and feast on her quilts. Thanks Marianne! I really LOVE  your work!


1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your faith!