Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dog and Cat-fabric choices

Since this quilt is for the Stokes County Humane Society, fabric featuring dogs and cats seems quite appropriate! I have purchased cute fabrics through the year, so when I started this quilt I pulled all my pet stash together.

This dog fabric was first. Who can resist those soulful eyes?


Then I found the cat print at Mary Jo's. Love the detail!

The background of the center is a fun and funky dog print I bought at a quilt show.


The applique is a black batik. I machine stitched the edge with black cotton thread to blend in.


My sashing is a cut paw prints fabric I have had for a while, and I used this brown-multicolor batik for the top and bottom border. I like the formality it gives the quilt. It came together very quickly. Next up, basting and quilting!


No comments: