Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Scrap management

Okay! The scraps have taken over!

I have to do something with them!  I can't toss them, but they are overwhelming me in their current state!

I am going to spend some time organizing them, and whipping them into shape. I am pressing and cutting them. 10" squares, 5" squares, 2 1/2" by 12 1/2" strips and 1 1/2" by 12 1/2" strips.


After I get them all cut, I am organizing them by color. Too OCD? Maybe, but I hate the mess and clutter. And this makes them look like the pre-cut kits, and makes them easier to store. And since I have to keep the house "show-ready" it makes my studio neater as well. And it is a good break after all the quilting I have been doing.

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I cut my scraps into 2", 3.5" and 5" squares and I have all sizes of strips. But I haven't sorted by color but I'm thinking about sorting my strips by color to make a rainbow type strip scrap quilt. I love scrap quilts (hate the scrap mess too though).

Angie said...

What a great way to organize your scraps. You are right, they will be like pre-cuts. Btw - check out the Crazy Mom Quilts quilt along. It is a good one for scraps. I am working on this one right now.

Angie -- www.craftedAngles.com