Wednesday, July 14, 2010

All the blocks are done!

Now time to sew the rows together!

I have to piece each row with the appropriate setting triangle, then sew each row together. Next will be the inner border, I want to do it with the flannel blanket I just hope there is enough! Then the outer border. Next I will piece the backing, layer and quilt.

Since this is extra layered, I am thinking of straight line quilting with my even feed foot in the main body, then a swirl free-motion in the setting triangles and border. I really am happy with this. It is turning out exactly as I saw it in my mind! Seems the recipient is happy too! ;o)

Glad I have this project. It gives me something to look forward to each night. This is one of those nights when a wave of loneliness for my husband and the frustration of the house not selling are really getting to me. That and I am asking to sob since I am going to watch "Deadliest Catch" and tonight is the one where Capt. Phil Harris passes away. 

My quilting fills so many needs for me: an outlet for my creativity (that doesn't completely get tapped at work), a soothing, relaxing hobby that settles my anxiety, a way to make my friends and loved ones happy. That and I get to play with beautiful fabrics and make wonderful stitches. I believe we all need something in our lives that gives us joy, and for me, this is it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well said! Aren't we lucky that we have the best hobby in the world?! Your quilt is looking great. I think that straight line quilting will be perfect!

Nancy said...

I love the colors in these blocks. Must try them sometime.