Monday, July 5, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Today is a holiday from work, since yesterday was July 4th. I love July 4th as a holiday, it is more mellow than other holidays, and the focus is not so commercial. I feel very lucky and blessed to live in this great country. 

What's on my design wall?

 Love the poppies! They are by Laura Gunn for Michael Miller fabrics. I bought a FQ set a few months ago and have been collecting batiks to coordinate. These blocks are about 17" square, I want to keep them big, this quilt is for my king-sized bed. It is going to be a long-term project, as I am trying a different construction method, I am going to quilt each block separately and then sew them together.

1 comment:

Theodora quilts said...

I've also done a poppy piece a small one ,but a different pattern the log cabin I cut out the poppies from a pair of shorts,I came out real pretty with the red and white and black.