Al, Freddie and I were "advising" the Man-cub this morning in prep for his second semester. Freddie told the boy to focus all his waking hours on studying and working out, then be amazed at what happened. We got on a roll with advise, so here is a list of platitudes to inspire:
1. Diamonds are formed under pressure.
2. That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
3. The harder you work, the luckier you get.
4. This too, shall pass.
5. Give it time
6. Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. Stephen King
7.In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. Bill Cosby
8. I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
9.When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
10.We adore chaos because we love to produce order. M. C. Escher
11. “Oh, God, why don’t I remember that a little chaos is good for the soul?” — Marilyn French
12. Get out there and try, what have you got to lose?
Just a gentle kick in the butt to get motivated!