Saturday, March 5, 2011

The one I bought

I was stunned by the great response to my query about a new machine. All were so helpful. In the end, I test-sewed and bought this beauty:



She's a Baby Lock Quest Plus (Model number: BLQ2-PL). 

What I like: the built-in dual feed (walking foot) that works with all the feet, even the 1/4" foot; the independent bobbin winder; the space for large spools of thread and all the accessories that were included (the acrylic extension table and all the feet I need). I also like the solid-ness of it. She's mostly metal and very quiet.We are getting to know each other.

I did not test a Juki, simply because there is not a dealer near me. One of the very important things for me is ease of service and my LQS provides that. I still want (not need) a long-arm but I can wait. And I can use my mom's Gammill! At this point, I just really enjoy FMQ and want to expand on that. I am keeping my Viking Sapphire, she has a longer arm and will come in handy for doing large pieces. She is going in for service and a long-overdue rest!

Thank you so much for all of your comments, I really appreciate them.

No comments: