Sunday, March 20, 2011

Book Review

I just received my copy of From Daisy to Paisley, 50 Beginner Free Motion Quilting Designs by Leah Day. I have been a fan of Leah and her Free Motion Quilting Project since the beginning. I read her blog daily, and keep it bookmarked to refer back to! Her work is gorgeous and very inspiring.

This book is AWESOME! From the spiral binding to lay flat by my machine to the clear photography, this book is a wonder resource and I can't believe it took me this long to add it to my library. Leah's writing is clear and supportive. Here is a link to buy your copy.

1 comment:

Jenny Squawk said...

I'm a follower of Leah, too. Originally, I was shocked but the complexity and style at which she FMQs. Slow, steady and super complex.

Biggest issue, with many of my quilts I want to do an all over design lightly quilted for beds and I'm having major issues translating that. I'm also not very good at following directions so reading a book for exactness isn't my style. Maybe in the future.