Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm still here!

The blogging has fallen behind quilting in my attention. I have been sewing at a more leisurely pace, really enjoying each part of the process. Also, our son was home for a while and I have spent more time with him. He is off now at his summer job. He is a camp counselor for a YMCA camp. This week is orientation and training. The campers arrive next week.

I have finished piecing my Halloween quilt. I call it "Boo Time". I love this pattern! I will definitely use it again. I did deviate by making 30 blocks instead of 35. I laid it out 5 by 6. It is still 64" x 72". 



I also pieced the outer border. I did use a Michael Miller "Owl by Myself" FQ that I had, and I used my orange Amy Butler dots in the blocks with the darkest background. I like the playful scrapiness of it. I pieced the back but I am not layering it yet. I am going to the beach next week and this quilt can wait until I return.

I made this little stitching sampler for my next Free-motion class. 



I want to have my students make one for themselves. I did each stitch using YLI cotton thread and Isofil polyester thread. 



I am trying to improve and tweak my lesson plan as I go along. I am teaching Saturday. I am looking forward to spending the day in the quilt shop (Sewingly Yours) surrounded by the lovely quilters there!

On the home front, we are having an agent's open house this week. Hopefully this will raise our house's profile and show all the agents that this is a great house and they need to get their buyers in it!

It is quiet around here, but I am trying to be patient and keep positive. I know there is both a buyer for this house and the next home for us out there!

No comments: