Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16, 2010 - still quiet, cloudy


June 16, 2010, originally uploaded by kheli.
It started very hot today. I decided to try to find an LQS (Local Quilt Shop) and left out at 10 this morning. I found 2! Stop and Shop #1 was Cotton Patch Quilt Shoppe in Jacksonville, NC (910-938-1395). I could tell by the awesome customer service on the phone (I had to call twice since the Google directions were off and they talked me right to their front door!) that this would be a good stop. It looked like a tiny little place, but once I got inside I was blown away by the inventory! Fabulous amounts of fabrics! Tons of Moda and some of the most beautiful batiks I have ever seen. Sharon the owner was so fun with a ready smile as well as directions to the other shops in town! I bought a couple of cool books and some of those beautiful batiks. They have a lot of past season's Moda lines, so if you are needing some, give them a call, they do not have a website, but they will ship!


The second stop and shop was as unasuming and delightful as the first. It was The Country Collection Quilt Shop, also in Jacksonville, NC (910-347-1960). Again, tiny on the outside but packed full of goodies! Lots of Moda precuts and more fabric bolts than you can imagine! Connie helped me there and again I have to say, quilters are just the nicest people! Here I bought a layer cake and some fabric for a baby quilt. They also will ship and have a lot of fabric.


Altogether, a phenomenal day! ( I will post a pic of my goodies later).

No comments: