Friday, November 11, 2011

Completed

I just finished with this quilt. 
A different direction for me.


I call it "Kyoto". It is 46" by 52.5".


My original pattern. The colored squared are from a batik charm set I bout at the City Quilter. The ground fabric is a Moda Cross-weave I have been hoarding for 2 years. I free-motion quilted in a design to mimic wood grain. 

I have more of the cross-weave I am going to use for another Asian-inspired piece using Japanese Taupe wovens I also purchased at the City Quilter. I just need more time!!!
 

By the way, today is "Veteran's Day" - Thanks to all who have served and who are serving!

It is also my brother's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENT!  I love you!

3 comments:

MariQuilts said...

I so love this quilt...the quilting is just so perfect for the quilt as well.

Vicki W said...

This quilt really speaks to me. Well done!

grandmarockton said...

BEAUTIFUL QUILT