Monday, November 14, 2011

Another completion (I am on a roll!*)

*But that will come to a slow down! I am traveling for work this week, so no sewing! 

I did complete this lovely quilt before leaving town. I call it "Fa Lalala" after the Layer Cake I used, "Fa Lalala" by French General. 

Measures 64.5" by 92".

I free-motion quilted on my Baby Lock using Affinity 50wt cotton thread.
I had ordered the layer cake earlier this year, then found the print I used for the border on sale. It happened to be by French General also which meant all the colors blended nicely. The inner border is from my scraps, it was left over from the backing of my king-sized Christmas quilt; the lattice is Kona Snow, which I keep and use for many things!


This is for my son's bed. For next year, I need to make a Christmas quilt for my guest room.

Next up for me are 4 baby quilts (3 for my nephew's brand new triplets(!) and 1 for a co-worker's new granddaughter), my second Asian-inspired wall quilt, and some patriotic blocks for my TMQG meeting in December! The busy-ness for the Holidays is upon me.

No comments: