Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sargosso is COMPLETE

**well, I am still stitching the binding!**

This is a HUGE quilt. 110" by 108" (I was shooting for square and I am very happy with the outcome!).

 all batiks

Pattern from Eleanor Burns, Radiant Star Quilts. Class at my LQS taught by the wonderful Miss Ellen!

cotton thread, top and bobbin

Long arm quilted, free-motion, by ME on my Mom's Gammill, Miss Gertie.

 Swirls and waves, to simulate an underwater feel

For my bed. LOVE IT!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Click on the link to see more cool projects!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's really pretty! I love the yellow tips to the star, they really make it sparkle.

Phyllis said...

I know that you quilt with your DSM and your Mom's LA, but have you ever tried one of the sit-down long arm machines? If so, how would you compare it to the "stand-up" version? Which would you prefer, and why?

Christie describeHappy said...

That quilt is just amazing! I realy like the colors you pulled together and that quilting is so neat!

Pat Merkle said...

I see way you love this quilt, it's gorgeous!

Heidi Grohs said...

I am curious about Phyllis' question too!! I am trying to figure out which one I'd like...because I will never do a quilt that big without one!!!! I am going to "shop" at the Houston quilt show, but want to have more ammo while I do!

Gorgeous!!

Grey Cat said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and fabric you selects. One day, I'll make a Lone Star quilt for myself!

Sandra Kaye said...

Great Job!!!! It looks beautiful !! That is one to truly pat yourself on the back for. :):) Hugs

Martha said...

WOW! Enough said.