Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back from business trip

I made it back from a 3 day trip to our facility in Maine. It had been about 4 years since I had been there and really did not want to go. But, this was the BEST visit! The meetings went well, the travel went well, I LOVED my accommodations (the Brewster Inn), the weather was perfect. Now, I can't wait for my return visit in April. 


But, upon awakening this morning, I discovered our home PC had a screen full of error messages. I did a shut down/reboot only to hear a scratching-squealing noise coming from the hard drive. It is fully apparent to me, our long-suffering Dell has crossed the bridge. Rest in Peace, old friend.


Work in process, quilt wise: Quilting on Mom's long-arm "Sargasso"- my 120" inch square Radiant Star; also quilting (on my machine) "Phases"- a wall quilt, piecing "Natural 1" an Asian-inspired wall quilt. On deck for piecing, a Christmas quilt using "Fa la la la" by French General Layer Cake.


So, I am posting from work. That means limited pictures and postings. I am sharing some eye candy I have discovered out in Internet Land. Enjoy!


My new quilting-crush is here! Love this quilt!


Found this awesome inspiration blog. Why has it taken me so long?


After reading this post and this post, I am wondering, what is my style? Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. At this point, I feel I am more of a quilt explorer!


Here's my Quilt Candy board on Pinterest. I really dig colors and their interplay with each other and the light.


Meanwhile, I will be doing my part to contribute to our economy by purchasing a new computer. Actually 2, since I am getting one for my hubs as well. Piece On!


No comments: