Thursday, February 24, 2011

Free-Motion quilting for my friend

I have shared a couple of the quilts done by my friend Tammy. She is a new quilter and quite fearless! I am so proud of her. Here is here first quilt, and here is her 3rd quilt. Well, she wanted to make a special gift for another of our coworkers who is moving on to a new job. So our boss drafted the pattern, Tammy pieced it, and I FMQ-ed it. Here Tammy and I show it off:



And here is the back to show my stitching:


I used a Sulky Blendable in shades of tan and brown. The recipient loved it. And yes, the little fish jumping out of the water has a special meaning attached. Connie (the recipient) had a beta at work named Blaze. She had asked Tammy to feed Blaze while Connie was on vacation. Well, Tammy went to clean the water and inadvertently killed Blaze. She did the thing where you go and buy another and try to pass it off as the original, but it didn't work. She was distraught, but Connie was understanding! So Blaze had to be on the quilt. Anyway, Tammy is doing great with her quilting and Connie loves it.

No comments: