Monday, February 28, 2011

Completion #3 - Poppywood

This one tried to break me. After wrestling with it I felt it had become my nemesis.

Oh, sure, the FMQing in sections went well.


Sections 1 and 2 went together nicely.


But section 3 did not play nicely! And being a king-sized quilt, this one was heavy and left me feeling beat-up.
I actually sewed it 4 times, and unsewed 3 of those! The 4th was the charm. Washed, dried and on the bed.

Whew, I won!

Poppywood - 95" x 95"

Fabrics from the Laura Gunn Poppies collection. I made disappearing 9 patch blocks, set them on point and made a scrappy border.

3 comments:

Jenny Squawk said...

I like your quilt. I had a bear of my own to quilt. Stitches still to pick out. Hated the thread color I had on hand because my regular quilt shop was out of the colors I wanted. It's quilted now. I'll trim and bind then pick in the comfort of my bedroom with a nice new quilt.

Theodora quilts said...

Kheli you did great you really go through with you projects for as mine hang around waiting for me to finish them ,I love the poppy and the quilting must be difficult for such a large size quilt how do you do it ?? ,thanks for visiting my tortilla post now do make them they are great and not to difficult,and much cheaper.xoxo theodora

Theodora quilts said...

Kheli I forgot to add the 1/8 tsp baking powder to the recipe ,I didn't what eny guilt if you tried it and didn't work out,I just put it in .xoxo theodora