Saturday, November 7, 2009

Early Works

I haven't finished anything this week. I have 1 large top ready to quilt, and I am still piecing another. So, I am showing some of my earlier Art Quilts today!


Daisy - 6.25" x 8.75"
Felt, embroidery floss, glass beads, backed with a scrap of sheeting

 

Detail (wow, look at the color shift!)

 
Le Chat - 8.5" x 12.25"
Felt, embroidery floss, quilting thread, glass beads
This was inspired one of those cool vintage French advertising posters




Poppy - 13.75" x 19.5"
This is all cotton fabrics with polyester thread. The green background is made of strips of fabric that I wove together before stitching down.
This is based on a photo I took:





Now, off to ship an etsy order and a quilt to Mountain Baby Blankets.
Enjoy a happy Saturday!

No comments: