Saturday, July 7, 2007

art Saturday


I have been doing some journal backgrounds and pages today.
A great way for me to relax!!
I am on a roll using women in other cultures in my pages.
Check out more of my stuff at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kheli/

I have read 2 books about Afghanistan, The Kabul Beauty School and A Thousand Splendid Suns, both incredible reads. This has made me very conscious of the lives women in that culture face. They are not regarded as having free will. This bothers me.
I have also just finished Stalin's Ghost by Martin Cruz Smith, which has me intrigued by Russia.
I go through a romantic Russia phase about every 18 months or so. I am currently working on a journal page featuring old Russian family photos. I like to speculate on the stories of these people.

No comments: