Friday, July 6, 2007

10 things you may not know about me


I was inspired to write this after reading Lia's post of the same name on her blog, http://artjunk.typepad.com/art_junk/.

1. I work the daily crossword puzzle in the Charlotte Observer, every morning, in ink.
2. I love hamburgers with fresh tomatoes and dill pickles.
3. My mom was just 18 when I was born, my dad was 20. We have all grown up together!
4. I have always wanted to be an artist. It is pretty amazing to think I worked as a Graphic Artist for 7 years and am now in my 14th year in textile design. And when I retire, I will make something every day!
5. I don't like pictures of myself, but I love taking photos of others.
6. My husband and I read. A lot. No, I mean we have a ton of books and can't part with them because we reread them, often!
7. I bought my mom her first Margarita when I was 21 and she was 39.
8. I took her on her first visit to NYC this year for her birthday. We had a blast!!!!
9. I want to eventually finish my degree. But instead of art, I want to major in Psychology.
10. I like flowers. Calla lilies, irises, roses, Gerber Daisies, Hydrangea, Petunias. All of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your list...esp. all the flower names and petting the doggies! xo Lia