Friday, December 29, 2006

The Gift of Friends

My friend Shawn, of Luna Cycles Fame "Bringing Bike culture to the Blue Ridge", has waxed poetic about the beauty of friends and how that beauty seems to glow brighter during the holidays. I agree with him. Maybe it is just that we save up time (those of us in the corporate world) and spend it now, hopefully reconnecting with those who make our lives rich. I had lunch today with 2 of those that glow today. My friend Gretchen (I've known her for about 10 years) and her long time friend CC. We had 2 1/2 wonderful hours of friendship bantering today and it feels like the most wonderful gift and blessing! This goes into my book of "perfect" times. We chatted, laughed, analysed and laughed some more. The 3 of us are very intense, passionate, creative, intelligent, strong women. Feels like the time I spent today made a huge deposit into my support-system account!

Another sunny, glorious day. My husband is still very ill. The doc called in another prescription. Hope this one helps!

As the end of the year approaches, I am thinking about what I want to work on next year. Not really "resolutions", but improvements. This year I worked on not caring if I pissed people off and letting people fail. I feel I improved in those categories. Hm, I certainly want to spend less time worrying and more time doing. I also want to cast off fear. Peace to all.

No comments: