Sunday, February 19, 2012

Deep Water

The last 2 weeks have left me feeling like I was underwater. Swimming in a strange ocean. I need to sew, it has helped me work through the beginning of my grief. I have thought about my sweet mother-in-law as I have stitched. She sewed, made most of her clothes in her young adulthood. She also quilted. So a lot of this is inspired by her, and her encouragement.
(pardon the color shift-I tried to correct, still looks a bit too red)

I completed Rumba a couple of weeks ago, and so enjoyed the process, that I wanted to do another in a color story fashion. So here is Deep Water.

Measures 36" by 48" (same as Rumba). 

(pardon the blur-dog at my shoulder)

I used a variegated YLI thread. The stitch design is my own, I just sat down and it happened. I like it and plan on doing this on a larger quilt I am piecing.

1 comment:

Molly said...

So sorry for your loss, the result of your grief is quite stunning. Guess the inspiration is flowing which may be the result of your MIL shining down on you.