Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TMQG Pillow for Swap (updated)

Our February swap for the Triad Modern Quilt Guild was a travel pillow (approximately 12" x 16"). Our swap Mama gave me an easy, and tough swap mate: Angie! Easy, because she loves Kate Spain, tough because she is an awesome sewist, so I needed to be on my game. Our guild has a Flickr group, links to blogs and we follow each other on pinterest, so stalking Angie for ideas was fun. I found one of the last charm packs of Terrain, known to exist (LOL) and some Kona Charcoal and Free Spirit Manatee solids.


I pieced selected charms with the gray solids for the front, the edge and added an accent strip on the envelope flap on the back.


I did minimal straight line quilting, just to accent the shape. I really like the contrast that the gray lends to the bright colors of the charms.

I am also enclosing the remainder of the charms, I know Angie will find a use for them. I hope she likes the pillow!

She DID like it!!! And I love my pillow!

4 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Like you don't always have an A game! OMG! Queen of machine quilting! Your pillow was georgeous!

Theodora quilts said...

very nice pillow ,the colors look so pretty with the grey trim,I also love your feathers on the previous post that is one thing I haven't tackled yet I will check out sewcalgal .take care theodora

Paige said...

Ooooh, I hate that I missed this meeting and all of the pillows. I still have mine to give to my partner!

Angie said...

I love, love, love, love, love this pillow. (But you know that already!). I'm having so much fun showing it off to friends. They know my love for all things Terrain and think it's too cool that you chose my sewing room inspiration fabric for the center. It was meant to be! Thanks again and again, my friend!