Monday, January 30, 2012

Here's Rumba!

Yeah, Rumba, like the dance!

All saturated batiks, orange, red a touch of purple. (I need bright colors this time of year!)
I used a multi-colored YLI thread for the FMQ. (Not paid for this but, I never have any issues with this thread. I can depend on it, very little lint, no shredding or breakage!)
I started with a stylized leaf, randomly tossed, then did a meander to fill in.
She measures 38" by 50".
I am very happy with her! I am going to do another of these "square in square" quilts. Fun, fast and I love the color play. I just need to pick my fabrics. I like a simple piecing design like this since it shows off the fabric and color, and allows me a lot of room to free motion quilt.

1 comment:

Sandra Kaye said...

Really love the colors on this quilt...Yummy!!! Great job!! Hugs