Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reno Quilt Shop

We got home @11:45 last night. Great flights, great trip, and FAB LQS!


This is the colorful street front of Windy Moon Quilts in Reno, NV. I hiked from our hotel for a visit and I was "WOW-ED". A bright, colorful shop, stocked with an enormous array of fabric. And I mean, a lot of fabric. I just wandered around for about an hour, looking at all the selection. Not only was there a great variety of fabric, there was a huge amount of books and patterns, and a phenomenal number of sample quilts to inspire. And cap all this off with a warm, friendly and knowledgeable staff! While I was there, they were running a sale, where if you brought in your completed quilt top to show, you received a discount on your batting, and I was fortunate to see some incredible quilt tops. Make me wish I could spend more time there to soak up some of the quilt-know-how in Reno! I bought 2 books, and 2 sets of 2 different new Moda charm packs. I will put those up here later. Now to unpack and do laundry!

No comments: