Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quilt Show

I attended the "Quilts of the Valley" show presented by the Catawba Valley Quilters Guild today. It was held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center and ran from Friday until today. I was wowed, impressed and very inspired!

all the guild members wore badges and were available throughout for questions. I Also attend the Thread Painting demonstration given by Eve Agee. This lady knows her stuff! I wish I could have stayed longer as she gave another talk later in the day.

I will post photos throughout this week of some of my favorite quilts on display.




 

Love the contrast of black with the bright colors.

 
This wallhanging was approximately 30" x 30" and featured 1" yoyos. It took the quilter 25 years to complete!

Please support your local guilds and attend their shows. They have so much knowledge to share and you will be inspired!

1 comment:

SpryOnTheWall said...

I have "awarded" you - go forth to my blog and check it out :o)