Saturday, September 5, 2009

what a week!

Is it just me, or did the activity level in the world suddenly jump into hyper-drive?

Must be the "back-to-school" timing. Classes started here in NC week before last, so I now have school traffic to contend with in the morning. My son is having the textbooks he ordered shipped here, so I have had to deliver them to him. I have 3 big dogs to care for and since I am currently a single-pet owner (during the week), my time is not my own! I did complete this quilt:


And I love it!

Some details of the quilting:





Completed and listed this Buttercup Bag from pattern designed by Rae Hoekstra of Made By Rae.

If you want a cute fun bag to make, visit Rae's blog and buy this pattern! It is fun and easy to make and easy to make your own!

Then, last night, Hubby, Man-cub and I met at my parents and made our pilgrimage to Basketball Mecca (UNC-CH's Smith Center) to the Alumni Pros game. This is like the NBA All-Star game. Cetainly basketball's royalty was in the house. Coaches Emeritii Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge joined Coach Roy Williams and all surrounded the Greatest Basketball Player in History, Michael Jordan. It was an evening full of Tar Heelia and we all enjoyed it!


So now, I am going to take a breath and get a glass of ice water. Then I am going to put some fabric in to dye! The hubby and I are going to work in the yard. Then I am going to finish the Buttercup Bag I am making for my mother-in-law. And I am glad it is a long weekend!

1 comment:

SpryOnTheWall said...

Wow, that quilt is beautiful! Great coloration - very striking.

As for the UNC stuff, barf (ha ha, I couldn't resist!) ;o)