Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Burn-out abounding

Lately, I am having trouble keeping myself motivated and keeping my mouth shut. We had a job satisfaction survey where one of the statements was "My opinion matters" agree or disagree. Well, if the past 2 weeks are a trend, then my answer is disagree. My opinion is moot, I need to just be the trained monkey and do what I am told, no thinking allowed.
I know, I have ranted about this before, but I am not designing. I am shuffling widgets. I make decisions which are then undermined by others. Surely there is a better use of my time.
What should I do with my life?

Fortunately I have found an outlet for my creativity, since I am given little opportunity at work. I am involved in mail art and art swapping. My art goes to others all over the world and they seem to like it. I hope I am putting out good karma with the art.

No comments: