Sunday, January 28, 2007

Notes from the week

This past week was full. Full of people: quarterly meetings at my place of employ brought others into my space. This meant many interruptions, lots of banter, way too many hours. I have also discovered that I do not like to be the center of attention or in a loud throng! I had to take a sedative M-Th. Friday was much more relaxed so no additional chemistry was needed. Since I had to put in way too many hours, I had very little time for my family or self. That leaves me cranky!

Also slightly unnerving is the dark mood my precious man-cub has been in lately. I remember how edgy 17 can be. Filled with angst, anger and uncertainty. Wanting to be self-sustaining, yet still insecure. Constantly being asked "what are you doing?", "where are you going to school?", "what do you want to do for the rest of your life?" These are questions that are both invigorating and daunting. And I still ask myself these questions almost every day. How do I let him know that "the rest of your life" comes just one day at a time? And that is the only way to think about it. So much can happen in a day. It is good to think and plan, but it shouldn't be intimidating. Time passes, situations changes, stuff occurs, opportunities arise. I wish for him to look to the future with excitement. He is a beautiful, intelligent, strong person. He will stumble at times, but he will pick himself up and keep going. I have always known there is something light and good within him. He is a much better person than I am.

Well, tomorrow starts a new week. I am not going in super early, nor am I staying late. I must be kind to myself. I do a good job as it is. I am not taking anymore on. There are others, within my organization, who need to step up and do their part. Anyhow, I am attending my niece's 7th birthday party today. I am going to thoroughly enjoy it as well!

No comments: