Sunday, February 26, 2017

February Dragon

My most recent quilt has been in development for several years. I sketched it and hung on to it, then got brave enough to do it!

The background is a patchwork of batiks, the dragon is Moda Cross weave. I added dense matchstick quilting to suggest dragon scales. 
I do like the stencil-look, but there wasn't much contrast between the dragon and the background.
I decided to add some thread work around the dragon in black. This added contrast, and emphasized the dragon more.
Much better. Although I can tell you I will revisit the dragon in a different approach again. 
The black thread work helps the contrast.



No comments: