Monday, January 16, 2017

January practice

I decided that instead of doing practice pieces that I toss, I would create an entire composition for FMQ practice.
I started with trying a different style of feathers. In a flower shape. With a cross-hatch background.

I added formal feathers in the corners. 

Then I pondered the border. It needed even quilting to balance the intense FMQ in the center. 

I did ruler work to create an architectural border. With loops in the cornerstones.

Finished at 24"square. I used a layer of Quilters Dream mid-loft poly on the bottom under a layer of Quilters Dream Puff. Quilted with Glide thread on top and Aurifil in the bobbin.

Love the texture on the back!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Katie said...

YOU ARE PHENOMENAL!!!! I love it and can't wait to see you next weekend.