Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Big Charming

This started as what I like to call "mindless sewing". Just chain piecing meditation. I have a bunch of sold charms, purchased for the love of color. They needed a place to go. I dove into Pinterest one Saturday morning and saw Denyse Schmidt's "Big Charming" and thought "I can do that", so I did! 

All this empty space just yelled for some FMQ, so I obliged. 

I like the starkness of it, the utility blanket feel. And I loved filling it up with quilting, hooked-swirls on the background, feathers & wavy lines on the color blocks.
 

4 comments:

Katie said...

It's amazing -- can't wait to see it next week if your coming to the guild meeting.

Paige said...

I always love negative space in quilts and with your quilting, it's extra amazing!

Jenny K. Lyon said...

Simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love your feathers:)