Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Mode

I am in summer mode. Still sewing, quilting, but also taking advantage of the longer days by being outside later each day.

I do have a finish. This is a sweet baby quilt for a new little cousin born into my husband's family:
35" by 43"
I used a new method to make the HSTs, more on it later.

Cute little dump trucks, contemporary colors, loving the turquoise!

For Harry.

I am FMQ-ing another, using an interesting basting method:

And I finished another triple-zip pouch:

I hope all of you are enjoying a wonderful June!





6 comments:

Jenny Squawk said...

As always love your use of fabric. The little trucks are darling. Great make.

Unknown said...

Looks great! Love those little zipper bags:)

Paige said...

Ahhh, summer. I have a few quilts I want to finish up before school gets underway again. Can't wait to hear more about the HSTs. I love the look but the trimming drives me mad!

April's Creations NC said...

Looks like you've been busy! I love the baby quilt, your pattern looks... So familiar ;)

May Chappell said...

Cant wait to hear more about the basting!!

Jenny K. Lyon said...

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the basting-Sharon Schamber's method I assume? I love the baby quilt!