Sunday, July 15, 2012

Completed Quilt

I started, and finished this quilt last weekend.
So fast, and way too fun! I call it "Witchy Women":

 
Witchy Women  
48" by 60"

Made using Tula Pink's amazing "Nightshade" collection, my sashing is a black & white dot from my stash and the border sections are Kaffe dots, purple on black.

Untitled
The pattern is "Kwik Shifted Blocks" by Two Kwik Quilters and was so easy to put together. I love how this pattern was designed to show off great fabric. It worked perfectly with the focal print of the 3 sisters.

Untitled
I took advantage of the small blocks to use quilting designs from Angela Walter's book ( a new and true favorite resource).
Untitled
I FMQed this using Aurilfil 50 wt thread in a dark gray.

Untitled
I love the Victorian mood of this fabric collection. The motifs, illustration style and color all work together to tell Tula's story of these 3 sisters. I also love how my choice of black and white dots add a touch of humor and enhance the "steam punk"feel of this quilt. The dots in purple and white keep my quilt from being too dark. I love who quickly it all came together, and I am definitely using this pattern again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun and funky-love it!

Angie said...

I love, love, love the dots!! I agree, it really adds to the steam punk feel. It sets off the blocks so well.

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

What a *fantastic* quilt! I absolutely LOVE your fabric choices: they are simply perfect!

Thank you for the link to the fabric line & pattern ... I'll be looking for the fabric at my local quilt shops!

Laura McGrath said...

I had no clue what Steampunk even meant, had to google it. Now I agree that it definitely has a steampunk feel. Great fabric choices, and awesome quilting.

Paige said...

You know I love this! I wonder how well the squirrels and trees from the new line would fit in those squares. Hmmm.