Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflecting and pondering

As noted in my previous post, I have been reflecting on my quilt accomplishments of the past year. I made a bunch! Most of them have new homes and I hope the are loved. 
I have also been reflecting on previous quilting goals and where I stand in achieving those goals. 

Previous goals included entering quilt shows (accomplished), selling quilts(done), having an exhibit (did it), publishing a pattern (not done), teaching (yep), taking classes (yes, but want more), joining a guild (took a while but finally did it), learning paper piecing (need to work on this!).

For 2012 here are my tentative goals:
1. Make more quilts for charity
2. Really learn paper piecing
3. Make 1 more Christmas quilt
4. "Do" my studio: paint, decorate, arrange (in process!)
5. Make another King-sized quilt for my bed
6. Make more scrappy quilts

Not a long list, not intimidating. I have been folding my fabrics, as the hubby and I painted my studio, so another goal is: SHOP MY STASH! 

I resolve to refrain from buying any more fabric until I make at least 3 quilts/quilted projects. The only purchases I am allowing myself are backings and batting!


Care to share your quilting goals?

And what is a post without a photo? Here is a cute pic of my 2 Mals:

Sarge & Pepper

Happy New Year!!! All the best to you in the coming year!

1 comment:

Sandra Kaye said...

Love the dogs... HAPPY NEW YEAR to you !!!! Hugs