It is 1/1/11 and I have been mulling over what I would like to accomplish this year.2010 was a tumultuous year in my personal life,
my father faced a severe health challenge (but is doing well, thanks be to God!); living apart from my husband while trying to sell our house in a horrendous market;
living through the "house buyers from Hell", (a horrible experience, suffice it to say that while I am so grateful they came along and bought our house, I really hope that when the time comes for them to sell, they get buyers just like them!);
trying to find a house to buy (not fun at all);
moving twice(once out of the sold-house-belongings into storage, then into bought-house 2 months later);
continuing drama at work but most of that is beyond my control
So, my first goal of 2011 is to live it with as little drama as possible! Coming in a close second is my goal to stop complaining.
In my quilting life these are my immediate goals:
1. Finish "Wildfire" which will hang in our new great room
2. Design and complete another king-sized quilt for our bed. I plan on making this in 4 sections so I can FMQ it at home.
3. Do several smaller pieces for our upcoming exhibit.
4. Do my challenge piece for Sewingly Yours show in April. I selected a vibrant orange fabric as my starter piece.
5. Christmas quilt for son - Queen sized
6. Christmas quilt for guest room - full sized.
7. Whatever else comes along
I am also going to do some tweaking to the blog design.
Since I am now teaching a Free-motion advanced class, I need to develop that lesson plan. I have some ideas, just need to get them on paper. I am looking forward to making quilts and living the quilter lifestyle in 2011.
Happy New Year to all!