Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday at a Quilt Show!

(squeal of delight) I spent this gorgeous Saturday afternoon in Statesville, NC at the Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza. And did I have fun! I went with my Mom, our friend Kim and her lovely daughter, Casey. Four chicks out for a day filled with laughter, beautiful colors, inspiring patterns and delightful vendors. 


This is the 3rd year of the show and it seems to have settled into the Civic Center nicely. It started as a way to get a lot of the local brick-and-mortar quilt shops together under one roof to stimulate business in this rural area.


Judging by the crowd as well as the the lines at the registers, we quilters were doing our part to stimulate this little bit of the economy!
For me, it was a great way to add to my stash as well as fill in some specific projects. I bought this group for a specific baby quilt:


And these lovely batiks just had to come home with me.



It was a perfect day!

1 comment:

Theodora quilts said...

How can one not have fun at a quilt show so much eye candy ,I have never been to a quilt show maybe one day I might get lucky ,there are no quilters here ,just a few spread all over greece,love your fabric choices.xoxo theodora