Friday, June 26, 2009

Lucky find!

This is my friend and co-worker, Michael. As you can see Michael is a big guy. That yellow stick under his hand is a metal yard stick. Michael is 6'8" tall. He is standing next to his new bike.
It is a lovely bike, with beautiful lines. Quite graceful, and large enough for Michael. His wonderful wife, Jennifer found this bike at their local Goodwill for $25.


As you can see, it is a Fuji Royale. My husband and I both have Fuji's. I paid quite a bit more than $25 for each of them! I told Michael he has a treasure! Not sure of it's age, I will leave that guess to my cycling friends. I just advised Michael not to leave his bike casually leaning up outside our office. He needs to bring it inside. I love it when nice people get a stroke of good luck!

I created this photo-collage for my newest jacquard collection going out next month. I had shot the pictures over a period of 5 months with this in mind. I love how it turned out.

1 comment:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Your friend was so lucky to get a bike that fit him! My dad was 6'8" too and I know it is not easy to find things built for someone that size.
Hugs,
Kerry