Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It has been a really enjoyable Mother's Day. We worked on the house, mostly cleaning and putting tools away. The lack of clutter is always very soothing for me! Sweet Hubby cooked Mother's Day Dinner for my Mom, Dad and his Mom. BBQ chicken, potato salad, baked beans and strawberry shortcake! YUM! Then I finished a tote bag. I got the pattern from this magazine, a Better Homes and Gardens publication. It is the bag in the upper left.



And here is my version:


The pattern was easy to follow and it went together very quickly. It is much larger than I visualized, more suited to being a "tote bag" than a handbag, but I am carrying it as a handbag until I make another.

And to finish off this weekend, here is a gorgeous lily I snapped yesterday:

No comments: