Sunday, July 27, 2008

OK, so I couldn't wait....

I have been planning a trip to Gastonia to Mary Jo's (the ultimate fabric Mecca), but since I can't seem to get a good date in the near future, I took off for Hickory and shopped at Lee's Sewing Center and Hancock Fabrics. The ladies at Lee's are always busy sewing and are very helpful. I bought an addition yard of the gorgeous Moda batik I had used in a table runner and a mottled brown to use as sashing in my crazy quilt. I also bought a batt so I can pin and quilt my son's Pickety Stix quilt this week. Then I stopped at Hancock. Now I do not tend to buy much quilting fabric here since I want the best quality in my quilts. But they were having a 50% off sale, so I bought an extra batt, some fusible fleece and interfacings for another handbag, and a copy of Simplicity 3875 (the Duro dress). I got the pattern for $1.99! Not the $15.95 on the label! I hope to start a muslin of it later in the week.

Went to see Charlie Daniels in Boone last night. WOW! I had forgotten how great Southern-style, guitar-based rock really is! I clapped, yelled, sang along, pretty much acted like a teen-ager. It was most excellent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not as excellent as you!