Saturday, July 12, 2008

HOT Saturday

We just got back from walking around the annual Blackberry Festival. I love blackberries, they are my absolute favorite fruit. But walking on asphalt, from 10am to 4pm on a sunny July day is surreal. The humidity is down thanks to some much needed rain, but the sun is extremely strong and the heat radiating off the asphalt made it feel like I was getting scalded! If I were queen, I would schedule this from 3-8. Yes, the 3-5 hours would be warm, but the sun is angling down by then and the shade created by the buildings is greater. I would then recruit some bands to play at the outdoor stage and that would encourage more people to partake from the food vendors. I was impressed by the variety of vendors, I counted 5 different vineyards offering tastings (I bought a bottle of blackberry wine), there were also blooming onions, funnel cakes and BBQ. I was pleased to see a Thai food vendor as well. Just wish I had bought some padthai!
That's my recreation for today, I am making some coffee cup cozies for our Design Meeting this week and need to go buy the lunch item I am responsible for.

No comments: