Saturday, December 17, 2016

Collaboration quilting

My friend Elizabeth has a line of fabrics on Spoonflower. We have worked together at various companies for over 20 years. She sent me some fat quarters, so I made her a quilt!

The fabrics are cute small scale organics and geometrics:
These are great patterns in a fresh color story. They played very nicely with white, but I debated using a mid-grey or a turquoise as well. My favorite:
I would love this in several color ways!

I used the "Double Square Star" pattern from the MSQC. Such a fun pattern to make that shows of the fabrics!
38"x50"

I custom quilted with feathers in the white "plus" arms,
Loops and flower petals on the edge with meander in the patterned areas:
The back, for all the quilty texture.
Free-motion quilted on my Tiara, using Quilter's Dream Puff batting and Signature polyester thread on top, Aurifil in bobbin.

No comments: