Sunday, January 31, 2016

Oh, dear

I saw this (new to me) magazine, Simply Moderne. It's published by the same company that puts out Quilt Mania. You know, the European magazine with luscious European quilts? Anyway, The cover caught my eye. I browsed around and kept going back to it. I picked it up 3 times. The 3rd time I knew I had to buy it. Why? 
This pattern:
The pattern is called "Stag Nation" by Rana Heredia for Sewn into the Fabric.

I am captivated by the whimsy.
I used low volume prints for the deer. I deviated from the directions in piecing it.

I dipped into my meager supply of Moda Cross Weave for the background.
I free motioned a wood grain adding straight lines to look like a barn wall.
 
Finished at 47.5" by 55".
We have purchased a house, so it will hang in the den.


3 comments:

teri said...

So pretty! And exciting that you've bought a house to put it in!

Katie said...

This is going to be a lovely addition to the new place

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

What a beautiful quilt!!