Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Star Status report

Previous posts on this quilt are here, here and here.

After a shaky start, then re-cutting, I am at this point:



Yes, that is a large star laying on my floor! Correction: laying FLAT on my floor!

This star has a tendency to "lump" in the center, with the angles and bias that is no surprise. Once I got the setting triangles and squares on, I put it on the floor and got the iron. And I steamed it into submission! It is still laying on the floor so it can dry thoroughly with no distortion.

Last class to come we will be working on borders. Pretty, isn't it?

2 comments:

Superior Threads said...

What a beautiful Lone Star. You did a great job with the colors and the piecing. Will you be quilting it yourself?

Ricci

Val said...

Oh it is gorgeous!!! Love it!