Friday, June 17, 2011

whats goin' on

The hubby and I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the magnificent Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. thhis week. He had a professional conference to attend ,and since I had never been to the GPI, I took some days off and went with him.

Yup, beautiful place, fantastic, authentic Arts and Crafts stling, but what caught my eye?

Quilts of course!

This is a newer quilt hanging in the Vanderbilt wing.
 (Sorry for the dark shots, but I did not use my flash.)


And this is an older quilt (hand-quilted!) hanging in the Sammons wing.


I haven't yet discovered the story behind these beauties, but the design really suits the Inn. And they were a happy little discovery for me.

I am in between quilts at the moment. No UFOs left (yay!). I have a show in September to prepare for, but I am waiting for the right project to come to me.

I am going to the Mecca of fabric, Mary Jo's of Gastonia, tomorrow. Doing some stash building, and then I will dive back in.

No comments: