Saturday, February 28, 2009

How I fertilize my mojo

Enough doom and gloom! If you want more of that, read the national news!
I seek out things that make me smile, laugh and think. I like discovering new sides of people, hidden talents, quirky websites. I take tons of pictures: flowers, dogs, graffiti. I love colorful views.
This cool photo is the side of a building (I think it used to be a Head shop) in Boone, NC. The happy "Ohm" in the sun, the butterfly, rainbow and stars, all say "happy daisy-wearing, patchouli-smelling bra-less hippie love!" And what is wrong with that? Not a thing.
I also have a list of cool blogs I read daily:
Dark Roasted Blend: great photos and weird stories
Blue Ridge Blog: gorgeous photos
Project Rungay: fashion and pop culture
Fuck You, Penguin: those cute little animals are really dangerous !
Crazy Mom Quilts: very talented and inspiration modern quilter.
Whip Up : Cool craft sight

I also have my favorite books, full of pictures to inspire:
Denise Schmidt Quilts, the Griffin and Sabine books by Nick Bantock, Quilter's Home magazine.

I am always trying to learn new things, it keeps me inspired in every way.

No comments: