Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trying new things

When I turned 40, I decided to challenge myself by learning or doing something each year, that I have never done before. I accomplished 2 of those things in the past 4 days!
I will start with my Dan River adventure on Thursday. My husband and I went Kayaking on the Dan River with the help of the Dan River Company. These guys took us 2 novices on the river for an incredible afternoon. We went 6 miles in about 2.5 hours. It was peaceful, quiet, beautiful and exciting! Our guide, Dale was fantastic! The water was clear, and we saw turtles, birds and fish along with the awesome rock formations. This is a great trip suitable for about ages 10 and up. Most of the trip was very calm, with a few rapids thrown in to keep it exciting!




Then yesterday, I took a class with my mom on hand dying fabrics. I am definitely adding this to my crafting repertoire! We concentrate on dying a six color progression (I did from yellow to magenta) and then used our extra dyes to play and experiment. This was fun and easy, and I intend to do more to work my hand dyed fabrics into my quilts.

No comments: