Saturday, March 21, 2009

SpringTide

Today is National Quilting Day and while I haven't had the time to quilt (we put a new vanity and sink in the master bath) I have finished this quilt top. And I did quilt all day yesterday!
This is from the fabrics shown in the previous post. I call it "SpringTide". I started with a Moda Charm Squares pack called "Blossom" and added in my favorite Amy Butler dots (the green on cream), in addition to other fabrics I had in the stash that coordinate. I also chose to accent the colors by using a white on cream print to create a secondary windmill pattern. This is a Disappearing 9-patch and I found the tutorial here. I love the little charm squares. They offer a way to have every pattern in a collection without going into major debt. And this pattern is very charm square friendly. I plan on quilting this with my walking foot. Not sure where this will end up, but I love the bright colors just hanging up on my design wall.

Speaking of my design wall: I have a cheaper alternative to the ones I have seen in stores and on the web. Instead of buying these, I bought 4 yards of 54" flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth fabric. I cut this in half and tacked it to my wall. I have an 8' x 6' design wall for under $10!

No comments: